Time Trial Series
Members Only: barriecycling.com/join
Location: Ingram Side Road, just off of Hwy 93.
Parking: Bottom of 4th line parking lot (Copeland Forest parking).
Distance: 15 km
This year, we have instigated some major changes to the Thursday night Time Trial Series on Ingram Road. We think these changes should encourage a more regular and high turnout to the events.
- We are changing the series from a bi-weekly to a weekly event. The BCC Time Trials will occur every Thursday. Races go – rain or shine. Only severe weather will cancel a race.
- The series begin on Thursday May 31st and run to Thursday August 30th. Fourteen races in total.
- First racer is off the line at 7:00pm. Each rider starts individually on the signal from the volunteer timer with a one minute gap between start times.
- Each participant will be given a helmet sticker for each race (easy peel-off) which will be placed at the front of their helmet. This affords easy identification of the rider at the finish line.
- Participants will be categorized as “Time Trial” or “Eddy Merckx” (regular road bikes). If you put aero bars on your road bike, it will be classified as a Time Trial bike. You don’t need a fancy bike and pointy helmet to race a time trial.
- All participants are welcome, no matter what level of rider you are. A prime initiative by the club is to introduce all levels of riders, especially beginners, to Time Trialing.
- Time trials are about keeping track of your own time week by week with the objective of improving. Through regular time trials, all cyclists at all levels will learn the intricacies of improving their performance in a safe, inclusive environment.
- Time trials are safe. Unlike road racing, it is almost impossible to crash into another rider when time trialing - and you cannot get dropped from a group.